This blog will serve as an opportunity for CR encouragement, shared changed life stories, resources and mini-testimonies.

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Two Parts to Asking for Help

There's really two parts to asking for help, when you think about it.

There's the "please help me" -- the part where you ask for help.  That's hard enough.

But the real heavy lifting is in actually hearing and accepting whatever help is offered; without ego, without defiance, without resentment, without filters...

Sometimes in life it's taken almost everything I have to just ask for the help.  Anything more than that felt like it was beyond me.

As dramatic as that sounds, it's true.

Thankfully, when I run out of power, I have God as my power source which has never failed me when it comes down to it. 

Adapted from my favorite AA blogger - Mr. SponsorPants.


If you have any questions regarding Celebrate Recovery, please click on the "contact us" tab above for our email.

1 comment:

  1. I just want to drop a note of encouragement to this blogger to continue posting. As a blogger myself, I know it is hard to tell if anyone is even reading or getting anything from the posts, but I know they are. Even if they aren't I find it therapeutic for myself. Keep 'em coming and God will bless your faithfulness in putting the truth out there in faith.

    Lou

    ReplyDelete