This blog will serve as an opportunity for CR encouragement, shared changed life stories, resources and mini-testimonies.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Step 3 Practical Applications

Practical surrender: Reminders for ACTION - “B’s Attitudes”
(from Assimilation Coach and Men's Mixed Issues small group leader - Brian)
  • I must remember that God’s loves ME and in Jesus Christ I am a new creation- John 3:16, 2 Corinthians 5:17
  • I must work on my relationship/friendship with God
  • I keep coming back
  • I will not feel unworthy of recovery- Romans 3:23
  • I am not alone; others have done this too and will help me- Ecclesiastes 4:12
  • Temptation itself is NOT sin, my response to temptation can be.
  • My focus should always be on “keeping my side of the street clean”
  • I will not/do not have to recover in a day
  • Every thought or feeling that comes to me is not true or valid- therefore, I DO NOT have to act on it
  • Surrendering my hurt, habit, or hang-up WILL NOT kill me, and surrendering my control over another will not kill them
  • I will learn/pray/believe the Serenity prayer and Step 3 prayer
  • I choose to serve where God would have me
  • Without God, I can’t; without me, God won’t
  • I choose to begin to love myself
Principle/Step 3 Prayer (from CR Participants Guide):
Dear God, I have tried to do it all by myself, on my own power, and I have failed.  Today, I want to turn my life over to You.  I ask you to be my Lord and Savior.  You are the One and only Higher Power!  I ask that You help me start to think less about me and my will.  I want to daily turn my will over to You, to daily seek Your direction and wisdom for my life.  Please continue to help me overcome my hurts, hang-ups and habits and may that victory over them help others as they see Your power at work in changing my life.  Help me to do Your will always.  In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.
Serenity Prayer
GOD, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. Living one day at a time, enjoying one moment at a time; accepting hardship as a pathway to peace; taking, as Jesus did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it; trusting that You will make all things right if I surrender to Your will; so that I may be reasonably happy in this life, and supremely happy with You forever in the next.  AMEN

If you have any questions regarding Celebrate Recovery, please click on the "contact us" tab above for our email.

No comments:

Post a Comment