This blog will serve as an opportunity for CR encouragement, shared changed life stories, resources and mini-testimonies.

Friday, April 15, 2011

Being Still in the Storms

When Maizy, my chihuahua mix, is afraid or over-anxious and I go to her, she wiggles and pants and licks and demands that I pet her, hold her, or more. 
Tonight, during the storm, she was quiet and not whining when I let her out, but she immediately got that glazed look and frantically panted and wiggled and scratched my legs to get up.  I put my hands on her chest and back with deep pressure and said “Be still”.  
Immediately I thought of the scripture, “Be still and know that I am God” and had instant realization that many times when I go to God I am all panicky and insistent, thinking that I know what I need and why doesn’t He just do it now.  
I see that when Maizy is all excited and frantic she is not even taking advantage of my presence. 
When she becomes still, she can feel me beside her and be calm and rest in the fact that she knows I am there.  
It is the same thing for me and God.  If I get all panicky and worried, or insistent, I don’t realize the fullness of His presence, but if I really do be STILL in my spirit, then knowing that He is God is all the comfort I need to rest my soul during the storms of life. 
Missy - NLC-Heber Springs CR Ministry Leader

If you have any questions regarding Celebrate Recovery, please click on the Contact Us link above for our contact information.

No comments:

Post a Comment